Monday Morning Mentor: How Can I Use LMS Intelligent Agents to Increase Interaction in My Online Classes?
Intelligent agents are automated notifications within learning management systems that can be scheduled to run automatically or manually to track activity within a course. Intelligent agents can be used in a multitude of roles, whether it be as a digital teaching assistant, a digital tutor, or a digital secretary. Used intentionally, they can extend specific interaction to motivate students, keep them on track academically, and increase engagement with course content, all while creating efficiencies regarding the instructors time and workload. This program identifies six common online teaching challenges and demonstrates how intelligent agents can be used to solve them.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Define intelligent agent and describe its benefits
- Compare six online teaching challenges and discuss how an intelligent agent can offer solutions
- Outline best practices for using intelligent agents and discuss situations well-suited for integrated intelligent agents in courses
- Overview of intelligent agents and their functions
- Six online teaching challenges and solutions provided via intelligent agents
- Best practices for using intelligent agents
- Tips for getting started with intelligent agents
- Monday, February 26, 2024
- Time (Central/Memphis):
- All Day Event