Monday Morning Mentor: How Can I Use Technology Platforms to Engage Students in Active Learning?
Evidence suggests that simple, lecture-based instruction does not provide the engagement that students desperately need. If students aren’t engaged, then all the hard work put in to the course content and delivery is for naught. So how can instructors reinvigorate teaching methods to meet their students’ needs?
This 20-Minute Mentor reveals proven strategies to create a more engaging classroom experience for students. The presenter demonstrates four specific user-friendly and free technology tools and provides simple “how to” directions and creative activity ideas for each tool. Learn how to reimagine course content and start more effectively engaging students!
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Engage students in active learning experiences by using four technology tools
- Understand how active learning experiences can be created by using technology tools
- Better understand how to choose the right technology tool for their classroom needs
- Providing active learning experiences through technology tools
- How to use tools such as EDPuzzle, Plickers, and Mentimeter
- How to use Google Slides to create digital foldables
- Monday, March 18, 2024
- Time (Central/Memphis):
- All Day Event