Monday Morning Mentor: How Can I Help Students Who Are Struggling with Online Learning?
While some students excel when taking online courses, many find online learning challenging and have difficulties keeping up with required readings, course activities, and assessments. Students may struggle in online courses because they mistakenly believe online education is easier than face-to-face, they have poor study habits, or they lack planning, organization, and time management skills.
This 20-Minute Mentor explores a variety of strategies and interventions online instructors can employ to assist students who are struggling in their courses.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Pinpoint reasons why students may struggle with online learning
- Describe a variety of early alert systems they could use in their courses and the benefits of doing so
- Identify a plethora of ways they can assist students and help them take corrective action to be more successful with online courses
- Explain how student support services on their campus can benefit struggling students
- Implement an array of strategies they can use to help motivate students in their courses
- The student’s perspective
- Early alert systems
- Corrective actions
- Student support services
- The instructor’s role
- Monday, April 8, 2024
- Time (Central/Memphis):
- All Day Event