How Can I Use Simple Gamification Strategies to Engage my Students?
Perhaps you’ve started implementing gamification elements in your classroom and have discovered positive results. Or maybe you’ve learned some of the key concepts behind gamification and want to embrace it further. When well-executed, gamification can dramatically increase student engagement and success. And all instructors want this for their students.
So, let’s take it to the next level!
Register today for the How Can I Use Simple Gamification Strategies to Engage My Students? 20-Minute Mentor program, presented by Kristin Ziska Strange. This program explains what you need to do to gamify more courses and ensure students persist even through failure. You’ll be exposed to several effective gamification strategies and examples of each. You’ll also explore how these strategies can foster student persistence and engagement.
Upon completion of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Identify how gamification can increase student persistence and engagement
- Identify four strategies for gamification
- Understand what to do when your gamification efforts fail
- Recap of gamification
- Recap of Level One gamification
- How to prepare for Level Two gamification
- Gamifying the classroom with badges and leaderboards
- Story-based gamification
- Embracing the power of failure
- Monday, October 5, 2020
- Time (Central/Memphis):
- All Day Event