How Do I Infuse Equity into Any Online Class?
All faculty want to treat students fairly, but more and more faculty are being asked to teach equitably. Is that any different? What does equity look like in the online classroom? This session will explore what it means to teach equitably and identifies five equitable practices that you can incorporate into your online courses.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Define what equity means, especially regarding the online classroom
- Explain the differences between treating students the same and treating students equitably
- Describe and implement equitable teaching practices
- The importance of creating an equitable classroom
- Treating individuals the same vs. treating individuals equitably
- Five teaching approaches to achieve equity in your classroom
- Monday, November 9, 2020
- Time (Central/Memphis):
- All Day Event