Monday Morning Mentor: How Can I Extend My Research to the Public with a Podcast?
Educators want their academic research to reach as many people as possible, particularly educational practitioners. However, research findings are often published in various scholarly journals and limited to people who subscribe to, look for, or read scholarly research. A podcast is an excellent communication tool to promote your research among a lay audience who normally would not be exposed to it.
This 20-Minute Mentor offers the basic steps for starting your own educational podcast. Receive new ideas for starting a research-based podcast, including information about needed technology, and practical ideas for overcoming problems. Learn why a podcast can be a new and exciting way to share research, and how to start one in 10 practical steps.
After viewing this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, participants will be able to:
- Implement 10 steps to start a podcast, including defining the intended purpose, audience, and format
- Recognize the importance of naming and branding a podcast
- Grasp the basics of the recording and editing process
- Understand the distribution and marketing process
- The benefits of creating an educational podcast
- Practical steps for getting started
- Considering the audience and purpose
- Organizing and planning content
- Recording options, both low-tech and high-tech
- Using social media for promotion
- Monday, April 19, 2021
- Time (Central/Memphis):
- All Day Event