Individual Study Reservations
Students must make reservations in advance to reserve a slot for each day at the UTHSC Library website beginning at 12:00 pm on day prior, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Other policies include:
- As COVID-19 return to campus guidelines dictate, students must always wear a face mask and observe 6 ft. social distancing. All students will be REQUIRED to complete COVID-19 training prior to coming back to the UTHSC campus. Students temperatures may be taken upon entering the Alexander Building, in accordance with campus policy.
- Only students with reservations will be admitted to the Library.
- Upon arrival at the Library, students will buzz into the Information Desk at the 2nd floor entrance. ID badge access to the Library will not be turned on, but students will need their ID to enter the Alexander Building and to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Students must observe social distancing markers put in place by the Library.
- At check-in, students will be asked if they want a study room. Once all of the study rooms are checked out, students will then be allowed to choose where they want to study in the library. We have a number of tables, pods, and cubicles throughout the Library (one person to each table or pod). Students must still adhere to campus policies on wearing masks and social distancing. Group study is NOT permitted.
- Breakrooms will be closed (no refrigerators, no microwaves).
- No equipment or computers will be available for checkout during this phase of reopening.
- Students will be expected to stay in their study area while in the Library. Common areas are unavailable for the time being.
- If you leave the Library during the day for a break, you must buzz back into the Library and check-in at the desk before returning to your study space.
- All carrel keys must be returned to the 2nd floor Information Desk by closing.
- Campus police will clear the building at closing.
The Library can assure you that we are working to accommodate student needs and provide as many study spaces as safely possible. We will evaluate the demand on an ongoing basis to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our students.
Thank you for your cooperation as we begin the process of reopening. We hope to see you soon!
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- Time (Central/Memphis):
- 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Library entrance (Alexander Building, 2nd floor)